Sunday, October 9, 2011

yom kippur and something else

Melissa invited me over to break fast with her family yesterday for Yom Kippur. I hope that I am welcomed into this home for every Jewish holiday.

I could only eat 1 bagel but I piled on the fish.

Can you tell that I used "Instagram" on my iPhone to take this picture? I think it looks sort of stupid. I mean, it's cool, I guess and looks nice in a weird way, but it doesn't go with my blog. At least I tried it. This salad = spinach, strawberries, avocado, goat cheese, and walnuts

ALSO, I just read the "Guide to Hamburger Styles" on Serious Eats and that was really helpful and fun to read. You should read it too! Now I finally can describe how a burger from Paul's is better than one from a steak house, and why I prefer the one from Paul's. I wish that I was better at articulating my feelings about food and eating beyond "Ugh, this is so good." But that's hard when I'm in a constantly comatose from eating too much or thinking of food.

No comments: