Friday, February 1, 2013

Cleaning the fridge

You know those meals that you make because the groceries in your fridge should really be on their way out? The kind where nothing really goes together so you kind of just put it all in one pot/pan and call it good? Yeah, this was that kind of meal.


Over at 11 o clock, is a pile of lentils and smoked beef sausages that I bought at Los Paisanos. I seriously love that place, I would move in there if I could. Buying meat from this butcher shop makes me feel so accomplished. I think it's because Los Paisanos is one of those old school butchers -- a teeny shop with a beautiful meat selection and super nice guys behind the counter that ask you how your day was and give you tips on how to cook your meat. I leave that shop feeling so good about myself. Yeah! I bought meat! From a real person, not a fluorescent fridge! I dunno.

Anyway, if you direct your attention over to 2 o clock, you'll find another pile of food. This pile is made of bok choy, shittake mushrooms, tofu, shrimp and everything else that makes it generically Asian. So basically ginger. Oh yes, and there are tiny bits of bacon in there because we had like 2 slices left and had to put it somewhere. It doesn't make sense, but it happened. Then also some fluffy sliced eggs and avocados?? 

Now all I have in my fridge are a 2 nearly-empty containers of hummus, dill, and an assortment of condiments. I think I would call that a successful clean-the-fridge dinner.




No comments: