Sunday, February 10, 2013

losing track

Well, I've lost track of the things I've been eating. I'm not sure what I was hoping to learn by trying to document everything I eat, I forget. I guess I just set weird goals like that for myself these days. That way I can avoid the total panic that descends upon me when I think too much about what I'm doing with my life. All I know is that I have a B.F.A, an all-consuming interest in food, and a whole lot of love for printmaking. It would be really cool if someone else would just figure out the rest for me because beyond that, I'm really confused. I mean, I get it, I'm young and in that phase of life that will inevitably be peppered with serious doubts and freak outs, but when am I supposed to finally figure it out? Does anybody? Yikes. Here's hoping that when I have my mid-life crisis, I'll at least be able to impulsively buy a bunch of stupid things while eating expensive steaks. Knock on wood.

Two eggs over easy, bacon, potatoes, and seriously buttered whole wheat toast

But despite sounding like I am having a really bummer time in life, I'm not! The storm wasn't too stormy over here. We just holed up in my apartment with burned french toast (I must have messed up the Smitten Kitchen recipe) and bacon. Then we reconvened at John's Coffee and Donut the next morning because you just can't get enough breakfast, apparently. They always cook the bacon exactly how I like it. So when I call this place a crummy little diner, I mean that as a compliment.   Sometimes this is just the kind of food you need. No frills. Like, at all.

No comments: