Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kale: Learning to Love You More


Kale, apples, pecans, dried cherries, and little bit of blue cheese

This salad brought me a little closer to loving kale. The dressing was kind of thick because there were apples blended into it, so I think having sturdier greens was a good idea. But I'm still pretty "take it or leave it" when it comes to kale, although I might have said otherwise on a few occasions because I didn't want to be ostracized for not being in love with it. For real, people freak out when you tell them you don't like kale. Ugh, I will learn to love it, damn it. I'll just have to eat this salad over and over.


Well, the salad was for dinner at Nina's apartment. It was so cold and windy on Sunday, I felt like my face was being pelted with salt and pebbles. So it was a good kind of day to be inside with a lot of comfort food that your nice friend made. Everything looks like blobs on my plate because I'm not so great at cutting slices out of pies, apparently. But there was vegetable pot pie and corn casserole, which might be one of the trashiest foods I love. And I say "trashy" with a lot of affection. Sour cream, butter, corn, and Jiffy cornbread mix-- there's not much else that can make you feel so cozy and loved.

No comments: