Tuesday, February 5, 2013

everything day 2

I didn't eat a big amount today, but I've eaten a lot of different things, which is the most fun way to eat. I got to sample a few new sandwiches, but then became weirdly full.

 Then on my way home, I stopped by the steamed bun store around the corner on Mott and Grand. I forget what it's called, but it's so good! The buns are so perfectly sweet and fluffy, but also kind of pliant. I'm pretty sure that's what I mean. I love the Chinese sausage one, you know, the kind that's fatty yet kind of sweet, with a snap to it? Sweet and savory, but not in an intense way. It felt so nice to walk to the subway with a warm bun.

The bun makes a good snack, but I got hungry again. I made this kale salad from the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. I took a picture of the recipe from the book in the book store. I know that's so cheap of me, but I'm not that sorry about it. Anyway, it's dinosaur kale, dried cherries, pecans, and goat cheese with this dressing made with white wine vinegar, honey, and dijon mustard. I thought it was okay. I liked the tart (but also sweet, does that work?) cherries with the goat cheese, but it would have been better if I enjoyed kale. I don't dislike it, but I mostly like it cooked, not raw.

Then I ripped off a corner of a pita and melted some smoked mozzarella in it. Smoked mozzarella is so good. I've been getting this kind from Sahadi's that I'm obsessed with. This is an action shot. Then I ate part of a banana. I put the rest back in the fridge. I've been told that that's weird, but really, it isn't.

No comments: