Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hanjoo

Someday iPhones will have really amazing cameras, or maybe I'll just get a real camera and have such nice shots of my food that you wanna lick the screen. But today is not that day, and these are the only two non-blurry pictures I have. Oh well! Yesterday was my birthday, which I celebrated at the new Hanjoo BBQ on St. Mark's. I've never been to the one in Flushing, so I can't say how it compares, but I was so into it. I should probably go back on a non-celebratory day so my judgement is more clear. And so I can eat more meat.

  Hanjoo uses crystal grills, which apparently emit infrared rays and anion while it's heated and helps to cook the meat evenly. The pork was cooked perfectly, especially the think slabs of it-- crispy outer crusts and juicy, meatiness flow through once you take a bite. It's also tricky to cook the thinly cut pork because you don't want it to get crispy or be too soggy, it's a fine line, kinda like cooking bacon...unless you're one of those weird people who likes their bacon extremely limp or basically burnt. Anyway, apparently those infrared rays really do the trick, since the pork was cooked just right, turning into little curly pieces of meaty where the crackling fatty bits mingle so well with the kimchee and lettuce.

See all that meat. Look at it. Yeah!

I have to go take a shower now. Gotta wash this meat smell off of me. 

No comments: