Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Zito's in Park Slope

I thought I had posted this already, but I guess not. Actually, it's good because I don't know what picture I would have posted today and that would have been a bummer. Especially since I am going to try to post everyday because I like the satisfaction of not seeing my blog views plummet the next day on my Google Analytics chart. I also feel like my blog is turning into one big Yelp review.

Zito's is an Italian sandwich shop that opened recently in Park Slope. Mel and I went there the first week it was open, so they didn't have any beer available yet. They also have some other food besides sandwiches like arancini and proscuitto wrapped Italian pretzels! Also, if it matters to you, I think that they get most of their ingredients locally, but I'm not 100% sure.

I got the meatball sub. It was huge! It's definitely enough for 2 people, and is cheap for how enormous it is. It was a while ago, so I no longer have the right adjectives in my memory to accurately describe how it tasted, but I do know that it was good. The cheese was very melty and stringy and got every where but I like that. It's actually disappointing when cheese doesn't do that in a hot sandwich. Melissa got the chicken parm sandwich, but that one was not as tasty and juicy as mine. But it was still delicious and definitely not dry, which can be a big problem with chicken parm sandwiches.

No comments: