Tuesday, September 27, 2011

blast from the recent past

I don't have any pictures from food I ate today because I wasn't very hungry all day and only ate some cauliflower and and other miscellaneous snack-type things. I was going to make this ginger salmon, which is marinating in the fridge, but decided not to because I am trying this thing where I don't eat if I'm not hungry. It's a crazy concept and actually requires way more self control than I thought. Who knew

Corned beef and tongue sandwich from Carnegie Deli. Holy cow, these sandwiches are so outrageously large. Why? I could feed myself for a week on this sandwich. I don't really remember how to this tasted. I mean, I've had it before and I liked it so I ordered it again and I liked it again, but I don't remember the specifics. The only thing that got me was the tongue. It tastes really good and I have had tongue several times before, but this time it just looked SO MUCH like a tongue. like when all the pieces were stacked on each other, I felt like I could see the whole tongue just flopping on my sandwich. I could even see the little taste bud bits, gross. I don't think this will stop me from eating tongue again, but I think next time it will have to be a little less recognizable.