Saturday, September 24, 2011

NYC's best burger, apparently

Ugh, I don't even have the energy to write about this burger. I'm so full from eating it that just thinking about how it tastes is making me fuller. I don't feel well.

On 2nd Ave & St. Marks Place


For some reason, I didn't think 1/2 a pound of meat was that much. Here is a news flash: it is.
This is just a plain cheeseburger with grilled onions and pickles. That glop is mayo, but I didn't use all of it, too much. If you want tomatoes and lettuce, it's an extra .75 cents, not necessary for this burger. I think this is the best burger I have ever had. Picking the best burger is sort of difficult since there are so many different types, but I generally like the greasy diner burgers the most, and this falls into that category, so it wins. The patty was HUGE so huge and juicy. It was definitely bigger than the bun, which really lacked the structural integrity to support such a patty, but I thought that was ok and half the fun. I don't even know how to describe the taste...I guess like, when you're drunk and you get a so-so or bad fast food burger but in the moment it tastes like the best thing you've ever eaten and it just melts in your mouth like butter. It tastes like that except that you are sober and its juicy, delicious goodness is all real. It's a really basic burger and the ingredients aren't the greatest, but somehow it is the greatest food to ever reach your mouth. The fries were pretty whatever. Not bad, not good, I wouldn't get them again because it was just way too much to eat.

No comments: