Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nom Wah Tea Parlor

The past few days I have been on this intestinal cleanse/detoxifying kick because I haven't been feeling great. But I haven't taken it that seriously because 1. I don't actually know what that means and 2. I'm not that committed and can't be bothered to make the effort. So mostly this means I've been drinking lots of Yogi teas like Ginger for digestion or "Detox" and "Get Regular" (guess what kind of tea that is!!) and taking acidophilous. And actually I have been feeling pretty good and not wanting to eat cheese or things that usually make me feel bad. My day yesterday started out nice and healthy. But then I went to Chinatown because I wanted to wander around and get to know Lower Manhattan better...

And I got dim sum at Nom Wah Tea Parlor and today I don't feel so great again. But that place is great, hot, and cheap! It's sort of in a tricky place to find, but if I can find it, anybody can find it. And that's saying something because somebody once told me I couldn't crawl out of a wet paper bag even if I tried.

Stick rice with Chinese sausage

Turnip cakes, one of my favorite things to order

Shrimp shu mai

Steamed pork bun

It was worth the mild discomfort today, but man, Chinese food is oily. Maybe if I grew up eating it more, I would be used to it, but sometimes it's too much. My dad can't even eat too much of it anymore. But I also think that he has tricked himself into believing that he's actually Korean.

1 comment:

Dining Alone said...

It all looks so delicious!!