Saturday, November 5, 2011

court street bagels

Whole wheat sesame bagel with tofu cream cheese and tomato

So I am not a bagel expert but now that I'm in bagel city, I think that I know a little bit more about them. My ultimate bagel, I think, has a nice crust that has a little bit of a crunch to it and the inside is soft and moist, but not too fluffy, and a little chewy but not too dense. Then it would have cream cheese and lox piled on top, but I my stomach can't too much cream cheese and I can't really pay for lox these days. This bagel is good, but not the best. It had a nice crunch but was a little too moist on the inside, like it was almost soggy, which sounds gross but it wasn't that extreme. I just can't think of a better word. Also, this place puts way too much cream cheese on a bagel. But the tofu cream cheese is good. It's obviously not as great as the real thing (and it's not even healthier ha) but it comes close enough. There is something a little bit off about the texture though, its just a little grainy or something, but it doesn't bother me.

No comments: