Wednesday, November 2, 2011

fall food

Pasta with kale and mushrooms sauteed in garlic, plus Parmesan cheese. This was good, but a little bit boring, I think probably because it was mostly just kale and pasta. Next time I'll chop up the kale some more, add butternut squash instead of mushrooms, and maybe some sausage.

I guess kale is a really fall food, but I'm not THAT into it. I really like it, but I don't get all the hype over kale. Sometimes I wonder if it's one of those foods people have tricked themselves into loving because it's healthy. I mean, I do that all the time when I'm eating carrots and wishing they were actually Cheetos. Not really, because I really like carrots, but you know. I'm not a jerk.

1 comment:

vivian the koneko kitten said...

i personally love kale. i'm all about it. what i do is i chop it up pretty small and then i squeeze some lemon juice in there. i cut up a whole avocado and i mix it into the kale so that it covers the kale and sort of becomes a dressing. then i add some Bragg's liquid amino and olive oil. throw in some heirloom tomato. i eat it all day everyday.