Thursday, March 14, 2013

dizzy steaks

This was going to be a post about my amazing dinner at St. Anselm last night. But I got way too drunk and my blurry pictures of food really show it. Also, the steak looked like a turd. Which is really too bad, because it was amazing. We all got the butchers steak with garlic butter, and you know, there's not really much else to say about that. Steak and butter, man. Plus a grilled halloumi salad (also excellent), grilled cauliflower, fingerling potatoes, and grilled shishito, which was actually a little overdone and oily, but I'm not picky. Besides, who's really going to complain about that when everything else was so great? People with more discerning palates than mine, I guess.

So instead, here's a picture of what I've been eating for breakfast/lunch every day. Kind of a boring eating slump these days, I think. Lately food is more fuel than fun, but I never get tired of avocado and toast. That's why dinner was extra good last night--I ate and drank whatever I wanted, instead of eating because I didn't want to starve. I paid for it with a dizzy and confusing walk to the subway later, but it was worth it.

Also, gonna take this time to not so subtly transition into "complain about my job" mode. I like waitressing a lot, actually, but what an eye opener to all the cheap jerks out there. Tipping below 15% is rude!!! Everyone besides me seems pretty jaded about this, but I guess my time will come and instead of getting mad, I'll just roll my eyes and sneeze into their food next time. Just kidding, I won't do that. I just wanted to whine on the Internet. It's so much more validating than angrily sending out bad karma. I don't think that's something I'm supposed to admit though.