Friday, March 1, 2013

Five Leaves

There was a time when I ate a lot of hamburgers, but before yesterday, I couldn't remember the last time I had one. I feel so sad about that. Hamburgers, I've missed you.

 There's not much to say about this one. I think Five Leaves makes a great burger--it's flavorful, juicy and has a nice crust on the outside. If anything, it's a little salty, but I love salt, so I'm not complaining. Well, and maybe the tomato could have been sliced a little thinner. It was nearly half the size of the patty. No cheese for me this time, just meat in all its meaty glory. I guess that's how it should be.

Rosewater Pavlova with passion fruit curd, whipped cream, and kiwis--brought to me by my friend Tessa, who I hadn't seen in a million years. 

I'm training for a new job today. I'm not gonna say what because I don't wanna jinx myself (as if there's anyone besides my friends that read this). But I am a little nervous. It's going to be a change of pace from what I've been doing, but I think it'll be great. Good things are gonna happen, I feel it.

No comments: