Wednesday, January 11, 2012


 I just got back from Korea today, then I'll be back in Brooklyn in a few more days. Time is weird. I went to Busan for a few days, which is the 2nd largest city in Korea. I ate lots of weird/new things there, most of which I'm not ready to talk about because I got food poisoning, and it was a traumatic time for me. I don't know what exactly I got it from, but I'm guessing it was either some questionable street food or the unidentified raw sea-creatures I ate. This is one of the things I had from a food cart, but I don't think this made me sick.





This is called hotteok, but the English spelling is nothing like it actually sounds in Korean, whatever.  It's usually dough filled with brown sugar, honey, and some sort of nuts then fried.  My mom used to make this for me, then when she started working, she came up with a bastardized version of this using Pillsbury biscuit dough from a tube, which was actually really good. Then she stopped making it at all. Bummer


Apparently, Busan has its own version, which is filled with lot of different seeds and nuts. It's a much crunchier version of what I'm used to, but I liked it a lot. It's a good cold weather snack. Squirrels would like it.

No comments: