Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I've been going through this phase (a really long phase) where I wake up in the middle of the night starving like crazy. And I can't go back to sleep unless I eat something. This is a huge reason why I haven't kept much food in the house lately, but I'm determined when I'm hungry, and I always find a way to eat something. It's usually not so bad, like I'll eat a few crackers and fall back asleep with crumbs on my face. But then sometimes it gets weird. One night I ate 2 bananas and a sheet of nori. I don't know why this is happening.

Maybe it's because I like to eat things like guacamole-topped, cheese-filled hot dogs during my waking hours and that just won't keep me full through the night. **Sidenote: I didn't know there was cheese in the hot dog til after I bit into it, but...I wasn't against it.

Or maybe because I eat things like this stupid radish and sweet pea salad to counteract the cheese filled hot dog. I tried to pretend it was awesome, but it was just okay and I was still feelin' crummy from the cheese dog. Besides, salad doesn't really keep you full either. So then 3 am rolls around and I'm hungry all over again. It's a vicious cycle that I've found myself stuck in.

No comments: