Sunday, December 2, 2012

Unemployment, Day 5

There's really not much I would have been able to do work wise in the few weeks between my job ending and going back to Seattle (so soon!). Well, I could have if I really wanted to, I guess. But I wanted to have a little break...before my next break. Hey, spending 3 weeks with your parents is wonderful but also hard work sometimes. Anyway, it's been really nice. On Friday, Julia and I spent the day doing things people who have jobs would do on the weekend but people who don't have jobs shouldn't do on a weekday. We went shopping and got coffee and took a nice aimless walk around and then decided to go to the Meatball Shop. Then I came home and took a nap. I think that's what like, uselessly rich and famous people do. Like Paris Hilton? Maybe?

Julia's meatball "smash" with mushroom sauce/gravy

Roasted brussel sprouts and apples with walnuts
This was the best! I'm pretty "whatever" about the Meatball Shop. Well, no. I like it a lot, but it's really heavy (and I always overestimate how hungry I am) so I won't go out of my way to go there. But for these brussel sprouts I totally would. Adding the apples gave it such a nice, subtle sweetness.

I got the special meatballs for the day, which was steak, bacon, and cheddar. It was a hamburger meatball, basically. I wanted tomato sauce but they gave me mushroom by mistake and I just went with it. I think it would have been better with the tomato sauce because it would have been a little sweet and tangy, but the mushroom sauce was so heavy. Can you imagine that on top of a hamburger? Yeah, it's one of those "I would definitely eat that but I already hurt thinking about it" moments. Plus the egg yolk!


No comments: