Thursday, December 20, 2012

Oops

Technically, I can't drive. I don't have a license at the moment, I don't have insurance, and I don't have a car whose engine will start right away. So when I had a dentist appointment at 8 am, I decided to just walk there. It was a sad 30 minute walk along the Mukilteo Speedway, made even longer by the cold heavy rain (I didn't have an umbrella) and the residual throbs of a slight hang over.  Then I came home, ate some toast and fell asleep. When I woke up, I really wanted Taco Bell. Well alright, ok, I want it a lot of the time but I generally have the good sense not to give in. And all the grimy gross ones in New York give me a great reason to not go. But the one that's around the corner from my house is so shiny and clean and they're not grumpy with you. So there I was sitting in my pajamas, thinking I should just make the 6 minute walk over there. Just do it. But then, this was the moment I decided it was ok for me to drive. It took over 6 minutes to get the engine started and it wasn't even raining outside like it was when I went to the dentist. I pulled out of my cul-de-sac, drove the quarter mile down the road, went to the drive through, honked at some high school kids that totally cut me in line, ordered my "cheesey gordita crunch" and drove my sorry ass back home. If there was ever a moment where I needed to re-evaluate my life choices, I suppose this would have been it.

No comments: