Monday, December 3, 2012

2 snacks

Well, I had a lot of old bread and so I decided to make panzanella. Not the official Italian kind, which I guess is just tomatoes and onions and basil? Actually, I don't know, but that seems like a safe guess.

This kind had chickpeas, bell peppers, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, and feta

Alright, so the reason for this next snack is....I don't know. There really isn't one. I'm really just going to chalk all of this up to not working and my body going into hibernation mode. Well, we were GOING to get pizza but it was too late and Nikki needed to take a break and this McDonald's was the only thing open. I was just going to get fries but then one thing led to another...

#10 meal, crispy
I think the last time I had like a chicken sandwich from McDonald's I was in elementary school. Not that that doesn't mean I haven't had McDonald's since, I've just generally stuck to the potato items and occasional breakfast sandwich. Anyway, this wasn't as good as I remembered. The chicken was super crispy, but like not good, bordering on chewy, the way that processed meats get when they shouldn't be fried that much. I also realized it's all in the mayo. This sandwich would have been such a failure without that weird, off white oily mayonaise they use. It's the only thing that really tastes like anything and didn't make it desert dry. And the fries were cold! What happened?? McDonald's fries are the best because they're so hot and perfect, but not this day. So it wasn't the most successful McDonald's meal, but in the interest of being totally real about my eating, I ate it all and sort of liked it. I'm sure it would have been much less enjoyable if I was alone and not with my friends and didn't have happy fast food childhood memories.

 Oh, and Nikki got a cheeseburger without the burger. McDonald's vegetarian option. In some ways, I imagine that it tasted better than one with meat, mostly because those patties don't taste like much of anything at all.


1 comment:

Nikki said...

Amazing...thanks for taking a break with me..having so many people over is too much for my anxiety issues!!