Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nom Wah Tea Parlor

Ugh, I'm sick! I always get sick around September, but then it came and went and I was totally fine, so I've just been waiting and waiting. I guess it finally was my time. I felt myself getting the chills and getting achy, and I tried to will myself to feel better, but I guess it was too much. I was in a fever-daze all night. Oh well. Now I'm just hiding under my blankets watching cartoons and looking at pictures of meals past. Like this dim sum lunch Neal and I had at Nom Wah Tea Parlor:

 Shrimp dumplings

Shrimp cheong fun (steamed rice noodles and sweet soy sauce)
This has always been my favorite thing to get when we have dim sum. My parents don't even ask me what I want anymore when we go out for dim sum, they just order this.

Ooo, this was good. Beef dumplings in broth

I can never figure out if I actually like getting these little rib things. I think I like it a lot in theory but it usually just ends up being too oily for me.

 Turnip cakes with little bits of Chinese sausage in them

Taro dumplings with mushroom and some other filling. I didn't like these very much. The dumpling skin was way too sticky and the filling was blah. 

But everything else was really good! And hot! That's a good sign, you know. Nobody wants cold dim sum but it happens all the time. Maybe because this was coming straight from the kitchen and not on a cart. I also forgot to take a picture of the BBQ pork buns, which are also another favorite dim sum item. I love how super soft and sweet the bun is and the way it hugs all the sticky, saucy pork. It's just sweet and savory enough. Now I'm going to watch another episode of Rugrats and go back to sleep.

No comments: