Saturday, November 17, 2012

Grand Sichuan International

So I haven't been to a Chinese restaurant in such a long time. Yeah, the food was great, like the better, restaurant version of Chinese take out with super thick sticky sauces that probably have a lot of corn starch in them. I know that sounds sarcastic, but I really did like it. I mean, I wouldn't bring my Chinese dad here, but also, I didn't order any of the Sichuan food that I was probably supposed to get, like dan dan noodles or something, so that's mostly likely not a fair assessment of the authenticity of their food. And also, like, I ordered General Tso's chicken...it was listed under "American Chinese Food" so what do I know about anything? But I couldn't help it! I REALLY wanted General Tso's chicken and I haven't had it in so long because I'm too scared of the nasty Chinese take out places in my neighborhood. So worth it.

Cold noodles in a peanut sauce

Pork soup dumplings
It's perfect soup dumpling weather now.

Family jewels or 4 jewels or something like that. It came with some sauce on the side, but I'm not sure what it was. It sort of tasted the same as the sauce on the eggplants.

Eggplant with some sauce with pork in it

Yes! General Tso's chicken. Saucy, salty and sweet fried chicken. You can't blame me for ordering this.

No comments: