Friday, August 12, 2011

food from this week

Tuna sandwich + avocado, tomato, and lettuce from Cafe Prague...this sandwich was ok. I like the idea of putting avocado on everything but the tuna is already so soft, so it doesn't really do anything for me, texture wise. I made my own version of this sandwich, except my tuna didnt have celery but had pickles instead. I also put mozarella cheese on it and toasted my bread and left out the tomatoes so it wouldn't get soggy. I think my sandwich tasted better.

Tried Papaya Dog for the first time...what's the big deal? It's not a great hot dog, just some cheap-o dog that everyone gives 4 stars on Yelp. It was a satisfying $1.50 hotdog though...sauerkraut and ketchup.

My friend Matt made some great fish tacos tonight. Yeah, updating this less than 24 hours after it happened...welcome to the rest of my Friday night!! This was too good, and now this is what I want to eat for the rest of the week while I try to mostly not eat gluten or dairy...but yeah right. But I even bought most of the ingredients at like 130 am as soon as I got of the train. It was that urgent.

Tilapia, a vegetable medley (maybe it has a real name) of avocado, peppers, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and this aioli made with quail eggs on a blue corn tortilla



1 comment:

melissa f. said...

those tacos were perfection