Sunday, August 7, 2011

breakfast

I haven't really had breakfast since I moved away from Providence, probably because I don't live above 3 different breakfast places and my apartment doesn't always smell like bacon. So I guess this is my first breakfast in New York, except it was at 3 in the morning but that still counts.


Challah french toast and corn beef hash from Vesleka. Is this place actually good? I mean, I thought it was so tasty and it was really crowded, so the answer is probably yes, but I couldn't tell if it was just me being me. I almost got 2 eggs, potato pancakes, and corn beef has because I always pick savory over sweet, but then I usually regret it when I'm feeling bloated from the sodium overload. So it was a good thing I got the french toast, though I don't think that stopped me from feeling too full. These ladies at the table next to us were sharing a salad while I was ordering, and I was being such a self-righteous jerk about it because who goes out to eat at 3 am and gets a side salad? Then their order actually came and it was mac and cheese, perogis, and something else really large and greasy. And I was so jealous. MY BAD LADIES

No comments: