Thursday, August 4, 2011

BLT


There's this place in the Flatiron District on 22nd & 5th called Eissenberg's, and I always thought it was just some run of the mill sandwich shop, but then I forgot lunch and googled "best sandwiches flatiron" and it came up. They also have breakfast and hot plates. Today's special was meatloaf and mashed potatoes, but I didn't get it. I regret it. So I decided to try a sandwich, and I guess a BLT isn't complicated but it's easy to get it wrong...soggy bacon, soggy bread, no lettuce, NOT ENOUGH BACON. This is a problem more than it should be. You can't make a BLT then only put in 3 paper thin pieces of bacon.

This BLT great, except the bread was a little too toasty and it scratched up the roof of my mouth. Wah wah wah. But there was a lot of crispy bacon and just enough mayo, plus the perfect amount crunchy lettuce and super juicy tomatoes to prevent my body from feeling like I was overloaded with sodium. I don't think the ingredients are anything special, but who am I kidding, I don't get fancy at the grocery store either. The sandwich looks like a regular size sandwich and I thought $6.50 was too much to pay for it, but judging by how full I felt after, it was totally worth it. Next week I'm going to get the meatloaf sandwich.

Did this blog entry sound professional? I applied for this job on Craigslist to be a food blogger/recipe tester...I almost cried because that would be my dream job. Then I read all these other food blogs and they involve so many adjectives and proper grammar and this nice tone of writing that really makes you feel like the blogger cares about you. I don't care about you (j/k I do) I just want you to be jealous of the food I eat.


1 comment:

Erik Sälgström said...

http://www.bonappetit.com/tipstools/2011/08/build-a-better-blt