Thursday, February 23, 2012

calexico truck

There's all this fuss (on the Internet...) over Calexico and how it's this really great California-Mexican food. I also JUST understood the name. Like just now. Anyway, there's a truck near work, so I decided to try it today.

Chipotle pulled pork burrito bowl (I got the tortilla on the side)
So this was good, but I don't get all the hype. It was actually a little sweet, and tasted more like barbeque than chipotle pork, not that there was anything wrong with that, I guess. I mean, it tasted really good for what it was, and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't what I was expecting. And the wait was 30 minutes. Maybe I'll try something else next time.

Ann's 2 tacos
If I remember correctly, she got carne asada and ground beef. She preferred the ground beef, but I think she thought these were just "ok." I guess this was a little bit disappointing. I don't really have crazy high Mexican food standards, I'll eat at Chipotle, but I really didn't think this was the greatest thing ever. I'd go again though.

1 comment:

Dining Alone said...

the tacos look good, the bowl looks a little odd. I'd definitely give it a try tho.