Monday, January 20, 2014

hi

Hi, this is pretty overdue. At least it is for those 2-3 people who have been checking my blog daily since I last updated it, but I'm 85% sure that's just Google Dashboard tracking me checking my blog from different computers. I've still been eating, obviously. So in no particular order, here is my life from the past few months, sporadically documented and but always 100% accurately represented by food:

Breakfast club, same stuff as always

Except this time I also made jalapeno cheddar spoon bread and a frittata.

I actually didn't do any of the hart part of making a frittata--which is the actual cooking/flipping part. 

A fried shrimp taco, fish taco, and ceviche tostada (I was in L.A. duh)

Some tropical tiki bar drink that got me drunk but I didn't notice until a few hours later

More tacos -- shrimp, black bean....and I forget the other one. I think it was steak maybe. Obviously still in L.A. 

I went to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffle House. I also got mac and cheese and grits and gravy.  I think this was my first real time with chicken and waffles--I've had them before but like, weird ~trendy~ versions. Like buckwheat waffles or something like that. Anyway, now I get it. Crunchy and fluffy, sweet and salty, buttery and sticky. It makes sense.

They also have all you can eat Korean BBQ which was the best and worst thing could have happened on this trip. This was just our first round. The rest I gave up on taking pictures of. 

Udon

A tempura fried egg

I liked the actual egg, but the tempura part was sort of weird. It was crispy and whatever, but it's like getting the guacamole at Subway. It's just there to make the food sound better but it doesn't really make a difference. 

A sad hot dog in Venice Beach

The hot dog was then followed by the most perfect crinkle fries I've ever had. We had to wait an hour for the french fry guy to open up, but I just watched a lot of teenagers skateboarding.

Duck confit at Balthazar (yes, my parents visited me)

Pan roasted chicken covered in fried spƤtzle

Saffron risotto with shrimp and chorizo

Biscuits smothered in the most gravy I have ever seen on one plate

Shrimp and oysters

Thanksgiving dinner with Melissa's family

 A pate sandwich from Le Barricou

Passover with Melissa's family featuring her mom's most amazing brisket and latkes, which I also ate again on Thanksgiving the next day.

A chocolate donut with sea salt

Baked eggs for breakfast

I had a snack party

I also had a lot of solo snack parties

Roberta's

Tuna Nicoise 

My mom's braised short ribs with chestnuts and yams. She made the plate look so pretty but then I ate a lot of it before I remembered to take a picture

My mom always makes this for me either on the day that I get home or the day that I leave. :)

 
The MoMA cafeteria or restaurant whatever (the one on the second floor) has this chickpea salad that I really like--with beats, oranges, pea shoots, and a lil hummus a the bottom.

The end. 

**bows**

No comments: