Tuesday, June 18, 2013

the weekend

Summer is a hard time to try and figure things out. All I wanna do is eat snacks and play with dogs instead of thinking about how I need to fix my apartment so I can get my stupid security deposit back or how I really need/want to get some kind of art job or how I should really redeem my Groupon for kickboxing classes. You know, all those "real life" concerns that your parents won't stop bothering you about because they're right and you really should be thinking about them but it's so sunny and warm and you're an adult and you know what you're doing so stop worrying. Except I don't always know and it freaks me out sometimes, but the good thing about being young and stupid is that I can put off all that serious stuff for grayer, colder days. I'll figure it out soon enough. 

So that's what I did. Played with a puppy and ate til I couldn't eat any more. But now it's Tuesday and the weekend is over, so I guess it's time to get real.

 Classic Banh Mi from Hanco's in Park Slope

I think this Hanco's is better than the one in Cobble Hill. There were too many carrots and not enough daikon, which made it a little sweeter than I would like. But I guess that'll teach me to eat Vietnamese food anywhere else besides the restaurant I work at. You know what they say about karma.

 A pepperoni pizza on the roof of my future apartment

Chicken Club at Mega Bites

 This is the reason why I never like the chicken-filled version of things--chicken tacos, chicken sandwiches, chicken burgers. The chicken is always too big, dry and flavorless and not even a good slick of mayonaise is going to save it. I took out most of the chicken ended up eating a mayonaise heavy, triple stacked BLT, which was totally fine by me, but next time I'll just order a BLT instead.

Vanilla soft serve and rainbow sprinkles

I don't like Tasti Delite and I'm usually never ever tempted to get any. Especially not with sprinkles. But I was on the Upper West Side walking around with Joe and Paul's puppy and there were all these maxi-dress mothers and fat polo shirt babies and fluffly dogs outside and it was so gross and cute at the same time, and I really just NEEDED that ice cream cone to make everything more picturesque. Plus, it was free sprinkles day and I like free stuff. It was really nice for the first two minutes, but after I ate the layer with the sprinkles, I felt kinda sick and threw the rest away into a clean trashcan on a clean street. The UWS is so weird.

No comments: